The year is 399 BC, and Rome is poised for greatness. However, its very existence balances on a knife-edge.
The Gallic Senones tribe, led by chieftain Brennus, are newly settled in eastern Italy. Ambitious and fierce, they are but a javelin-throw from the nascent republic.
The tyrannical Dionysius rules Syracuse with an iron fist. He leads the war against Carthage, but his eyes range across the Mediterranean as he considers future conquests.
Under the guiding hand of the great philosopher-statesman Archytas, Taras in southern Italy is reaching the zenith of its glory and power. Rome’s meteoric rise is cause for concern, to be sure – perhaps an intervention is merited?
Meanwhile, Marcus Furius Camillus seeks the title and powers of Dictator. His vision for Rome is grand indeed, but can it survive the designs of the young republic’s neighbors?
A crossroads in history: a time of threat – and of opportunity.
A time for the republic to rise.
Total War: ROME II – Rise of the Republic is a thrilling new campaign pack charting the events surrounding Rome in the 4th century BC. The campaign unfolds across a detailed map of Italy including Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, and Carthage, and depicts the tumultuous events which ultimately set the stage for the Second Founding of Rome.
The rise of the Republic Content:
A full prequel campaign to Total War: ROME II set in the 4th Century BC
All-new campaign map, detailing the landmass of Italy and its neighboring states
Nine playable factions:
- Rome – a growing republic, vulnerable and surrounded by enemies
- Tarchuna – the mighty and influential Etruscan state
- Senones – a Cisalpine Gallic tribe with a thirst for plunder
- Insubres – a Gallic tribe who are diplomatic and managerial in style
- Samnites – an Italic state that threatened Rome in the 4th century BC
- Taras – a Greek city-state founded by the Spartans
- Syracuse – a Greek metropolis in Sicily, and the bastion against Carthage
- Iolei – an indigenous Sardinian tribe
- Veneti – an Italic tribe of horse masters surrounded by enemies
An epic campaign battle for the city of Rome
Post Battle Loot
Region-specific dilemma systems – depending on the regions you control dilemmas related to Carthage or Massalia might spawn.
Chapter objectives are also faction specific and are a way to unlock agents.
The factions of Rise of the Republic are uniquely replayable due to the new Government Actions options, which replaces the Change Government system from prior ROME II campaigns. These options provide unique new bonuses, albeit at a cost. Some notable examples are:
- Rome may appoint consuls or dictators in times of need.
- The Etruscans of Tarchuna can initiate the summit of Fanum Voltumnae, where decisions are made.
- The Samnites can rely on the ancient Ver Sacrum rite, to receive an instant army.
- The Insubres and Senones rely on druidic councils for divination and public support.
- Taras has access to court philosophers who greatly improve their research.
Along with these, different factions have access to specific dilemma chains such as:
- Rome often is forced deal with the domestic trouble that results in plebeians or patricians being happy or enraged.
- Greek factions can influence the struggle of the Greek poleis back in Hellas.
Release date : 09.08.2018
Languages : English, German, French, Italian, Polish, Czech, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
processor : 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor (or greater)
graphics : 1024 MB DirectX 11 compatible graphics card.
memory : 4GB RAM
diskspace : 35 GB HD space
system : Windows 7 / Windows 8